General Terms and Conditions
1. The owner of this web site is: Wells Festival of Literature Limited, a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with number 02827744 ("WFL").
2. WFL has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website. However, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, WFL does not represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information or content about any goods or services, software or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from this website.
3. Tickets are available from 16th July 2016
NOTE: For 2016 we will be issuing e-tickets which will be sent to you by email for you to print at home. If you do not have access to a printer you can request that you collect your tickets on the door at the event. Tickets will not be sent out by post.
There are three ways to book. There is no limit on the number of tickets you may buy.
a. On line at this website using our on-line box office facility
b. By telephoning the box office 0300 201 0211. Calls are charged at local rate. Opening hours will be Wednesday to Saturday 10am - 12noon. Payment is by debit or credit card.
c. In person from the Bishops Palace Wells from 18th July 2016. You may use credit card, cheque, or cash.
4. WFL takes payment for event tickets on this website using The Little Box Office portal. Payment is handled by Braintree/Paypal.
a. Tickets for sale online are subject to availability.
b. You should check your ticket at the time of purchase and contact us immediately if there is a mistake.
c. WFL will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost, stolen or destroyed.
d. The price of the ticket includes any applicable taxes and booking or collection fees.
e. Tickets purchased online or by telephone will be supplied by email for you to print out. If you have no facilities to print a ticket, you may request that tiickets are retained for you to collect on the door at the event. Otherwise please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Refunds: subject to clauses 7 and 8 below, once an order is placed for a ticket online or by telephone, or once a ticket has been purchased in person, no amendment, return or refund of the price of a ticket is permitted, although any ticket is transferable to another individual.
7. Cancelled events: if the speaker has cancelled the engagement at short notice, or arrives too late to give the talk at the scheduled time, we shall refund the price of the ticket or offer a ticket of equivalent price to another event.
8. WFL will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. In the unlikely event that you receive different tickets from those you ordered, WFL shall refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify WFL of the problem in writing at email@example.com
within 10 working days of purchase. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
9. Conditions of admission
a. WFL reserves the right to refuse admission.
b. WFL reserves the right to request patrons to leave the premises.
c. You should retain your ticket as it may be required for re-admission.
d. You must comply with safety announcements and instructions given by the stewards.
e. Animals are not permitted within the venue, with the exception of assistance dogs
the exception of assistance dogs
10. The information contained within this site is correct at time of being published. We reserve the right to make alterations where necessary and are not liable for any subsequent omissions.
11. You undertake that any and all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only.
12. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
13. You undertake that all details you provide to WFL for the purpose of ordering or purchasing tickets are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the tickets ordered. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform WFL as soon as possible.
14. Every transaction shall be deemed performed in the UK. UK law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from this web site.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, WFL hereby excludes liability for any claims, losses, demands, or damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the website, any tickets supplied and any events attended including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential losses, or damages, whether arising from loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use or otherwise and whether or not the possibility of such loss has been notified to WFL. The foregoing will apply whether such claims, loss or damages arise in tort, contract, negligence, under statute or otherwise. WFL does not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from WFL's negligence or wilful default, or that of WFL’s employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation. All persons attending events must comply with all instructions given at those events.
16. WFL may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the website. When WFL do so, WFL will mention the fact on the home page. All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms.
17. These terms and conditions supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase of tickets.
18. Payment for and entry into any competitions run by WFL will be subject to the rules of those competitions, as well as to these terms and conditions. Any reference to purchase of tickets applies equally to any entry into a competition on this website.
19. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
20. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom
WFL complies fully with the Data Protection Act.
1. Payment Details:
2. What information do we gather?
As a visitor to this site you may be asked to provide us with personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address when you complete a form. This information is collected for internal administrative purposes only and will not be passed to any other organisations. Some of the information we collect through forms is marked as mandatory and other information is provided voluntarily, if you fail to provide us with information that is marked as mandatory we will not be able to process your form. The only mandatory information we ask for is that which is needed to complete the ticket sale, requiring that you provide us at least with your full name and e-mail address.
3. How do we process this information, and for what purpose?
At present, we require these personal details for a number of reasons. We need your full name and e-mail address so we may be able to send you tickets electronically, so we can re-issue you tickets and possibly offer refunds if necessary.
4. Who will we share this information with?
We do not share the information we collect with any third party apart from The Little Box Office, who manage the on-line box office for us. They are also subject to the Data Protection Act and the Privacy Act.
5. How do we protect your information?
We follow the Information Commissioner’s Office’s recommendations for our own data security.
a. We securely hold the minimal amount of personal data for our competition entrants, for those on our mailing list, for those buying tickets, for those who submit feedback forms, for the publicists and agents with whom we deal and, of course, for our speakers and judges.
b. We will use your personal data solely for Festival and competition purposes.
c. We will keep and use this data unless and until we are asked to remove it by the person concerned, or when we no longer have any need for it.
d. If you enter your e-mail address, or any other personal data on an entry form, feedback form or other document we will assume that you wish to receive e-mails from us and that you have consented to our keeping your personal data on our records. This will be used solely for Festival and competition purposes.
e. We will only send you e-mails or other documents necessary for Festival or competition purposes.
f. We NEVER retain any credit or debit card information.
g.We shall not pass any of your personal data to a third party for marketing or any other purpose. Should there be an occasion when it may prove useful or necessary to you or to WFL, we shall seek your individual agreement beforehand.
We use Google to generate 'analytical' cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they're using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. If you wish to refuse these cookies you can switch them off using the cookie control icon in the bottom right of your screen, but you may not be able to carry out certain functions such as on-line purchases
Finally our website may use links to third party websites such as social media sites and YouTube which create their own cookies. Please visit these sites directly to view their cookies policy.